Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Where do I begin?

I just got back from my first Convention. I have no idea where to begin... I had SO much fun. I can't wait to go back.

Convention-goers got a sneak peek at the new Fall-Winter Idea Book & Catalog while at Convention & there, of course, were SO many stamp sets & accessories that I'm excited about. I remember last year at this time thinking that there just wasn't a whole lot that was new & that I wanted to buy. That is absolutely NOT the case this year. I can't wait for August 11th to roll around so that I can place my order.

One of the big announcements at Convention was their new partnership with Sizzix. Stampin' Up will now offer a die-cut machine called the Big Shot that works with cardstock, paper, cardboard, fabric, leather. The possibilities seem almost endless. Using the Big Shot, we were shown an apron that the CEO & Co-Founder, Shelli, had made (too cute!!), some fun masks & even Christmas ornaments (Santa & Rudolph). I have pictures on my Flickr account & will gladly forward them to you if you'd like to see.

During Convention, many demonstrators make "swaps" which are cardfronts that they swap with other demonstrators. It's just another way for us to get inspiration for our camps & classes. I, apparently, made a swap that turned out to be too much. It's a fun card, but after making card after card after card, your mind gets tired, your hands get cramped & then you just don't make as many as you had planned on. I originally planned around 150 or so, but then I got tired, cramped hand & then just lazy. I forced myself to complete 100 swaps. This, as it turns out, is not enough (in my opinion). After I had swapped my last card with another demonstrator, I was sad & thought to myself, "Aw, that's it? I want to keep going..." But, I had nothing to keep going with. Next year, I will have more.

My roommates both have Convention (build-a-) Bears & so they got me one too for my first Convention. They even bought matching pink bathrobes & bunny slippers for my bear. From here on out, for every Convention I go to, Stamperella, my Convention Bear will go with me too. And, if anyone chooses to join in all the fun I have & come to Convention as part of my 'downline', they too will get a Convention Bear.
After attending Convention, I've decided that I 'really' want to work my SU business into more of a business (compared to hobby) & take it more seriously. There were people who've just really been an inspiration (with their sales & recruiting efforts) & it was amazing. Who knew that one person could sell $130k worth of stuff in one year? It can happen.
I'm off to go stamp something with my new / free stamp sets (demonstrators got at least 4 freebies just for attending Convention).

No comments: