Saturday, August 16, 2008

Autumn Extraordinaire

One of the gals on our Social Committee knows that I like making cards & other crafts. She had asked me to make the invitations to our "holiday party" (that's actually held in the fall & this year, will be called, "Autumn Extraordinaire").

I found a bunch of samples of really cute invitations, but thought better of making 140 difficult, time-consuming invites. I came up with this card & I LOVED it. I still do. I think it's just so 'elegant'. And, what's more is I have a ton of red ribbon & several pieces of red cardstock already cut from my swaps that I ended up not using for my trip to Convention.

One of the gals who was approving the design loved it too, but thought it screamed "winter" & since the Autumn Extraordinaire is in November, something a little more muted in colors (browns & yellows) might be more suited for this particular occasion.

We've come up with a great invitation & I'm just waiting on approval on the verbage before I post the real deal.


Here's an update on the stamp sets that are left for sale:


Too Terrific Tags - $4
So Many Scallops - $3
Oh How We Danced - $4 - SOLD
Holiday Blocks - $6
Kid Prints - $8
Little Shapes - $2
Around the Block - $2
Send a Celebration - $2 - SOLD
Watercolor Minis - $4
So Many Sayings - $4
Hip Hip Hooray - $8 - SOLD
Reverse Prints - $2

1 comment:

DJ Kelz said...

I really like this layout! :) What stamp did you use on the background?

Thanks! ~k