Thursday, March 13, 2008

Advanced Technique Projects

As requested, here are the 5 advanced technique cards I made last weekend. I (will) have most of the materials to make these cards.
Leave me a comment & let me know what you think.
A very pretty Acetate card we made for Mother's Day. I made one quite similar as a birthday card for a co-worker using the new She's All That stampset from the new Occasions Mini Catalog.

I also thought this Brayered Sky card turned out SO pretty... except for the middle of the big tree that didn't get inked up enough. D'oh!


This picture turned out better than I thought it would. You can REALLY see the cracked glass by clicking on the picture.




I don't really care for the colors used in this Criss Cross card, but I do like the concept of it. I've already purchased materials to make a card like this using the Berry Bliss Designer Series Paper. If you click on the picture, you'll see an up close image of the Build-a-Brads that we carry. I've never used 'em before so it was fun being able to try 'em out. I also bought some of these to demonstrate in future camps.


This card is such a beautiful card demonstrating the Faux Silk technique. Even though by clicking on the card to enlarge it, I feel you need to see it in person to really see the true beauty of it.

5 comments:

DJ Kelz said...

I really like them, but I couldn't click on the last two in order to see them better :(

The acetate card is very striking and a neat idea... and I'm curious how you did the cracked glass one!

~k

Jen said...

I noticed that I couldn't click on a couple of them either (last night when uploading), but didn't want to spend the time to figure out why because I was too tired.

I am leaning more towards doing a stamp camp where we will do these cards (or similar to them as I don't have the exact stamps that were used here).

You'll definitely be included on the invite!

Anonymous said...

wow! I loved these stamps. I especially like the first one. I can imagine it as a wedding invitation!
I would love to learn how to do these cards and could easily throw a camp for it!
Katie B

Jen said...

I've been contemplating doing a camp with these (or similar) advanced technique cards, but just have to actually get my rear in gear to get the materials/planning in place.

Jen said...

By the way, that first card I did has a "Happy Mother's Day" stamp inside. I've done the same technique (since I learned it) for bridal shower & baby shower cards as well.