Thursday, February 14, 2008

You're a blast!

I got a bunch of new stamp sets this week (8 - yes 8!! - to be exact). Some of them were regular stamp sets out of the Spring/Summer Collection, some were Sale-a-Bration sets & 1 was from pre-ordered from the upcoming Occasions catalog.

One *REALLY* cool thing is that several of the sets are die-cut, which means instead of having to get out the scissors & manually trim around the rubbah to mount it on the wood block, you just sorta 'punch' it out of the excess rubber. This makes mounting your rubbah SO easy & VERY quick.

I'm participating in a demo swap on Saturday at my upline's meeting. Each demo was asked to create a card & bring all the supplies so that everyone can make it too. It's kinda like a Stamp Camp for demonstrators, but instead of designing 6-8 projects for everyone to do, everyone does just 1 & in the end, we all get a bunch of cards (one from each demo).

This card is from the Spring/Summer Collection & features the stamp set Pun Fun. I was inspired by a few other demonstrators who used similar color combos. I'm pretty sure I've never used these colors together before; I kinda like it. I think it would make a great birthday card for a young boy.

Leave me a comment & let me know what you think.

No comments: