Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I was asked by a friend of mine to make some Thanksgiving Day cards. Here is my sample. The supplies were "leftover" from a Stamp-a-Stack I did for someone else, but I changed them slightly from the previous sample. I'm really pleased with the differences made & hope you are too.

The biggest change was the direction in which they open - the old way opened left to right; the new way opens top to bottom (hamburger vs. hotdog as one of my customers likes to call it). I changed the direction of the opening because on the backside, I stamped the "hand stamped/Stampin Up" copyright image on the "bottom" of the card. In my opinion, it would have looked silly to have that stamped on the "side".

The other change was in the old sample, I used black Staz-on for the stamped pumpkin image. In the new sample, I used Really Rust Classic Ink. The difference between the Staz-on and the classic ink pad is that the Staz-on doesn't "smear" with the water coloring. With this Really Rust ink, it didn't matter as the whole image is orange anyways & having the entire image that way helps to add "dimension".

The inside, by the way, is stamped with "Happy Thanksgiving" & embossed with gold embossing powder.

No comments: